Anyone get a recall notice yet?

I have a 2006 Civic, and I was wondering if/when the recall notices go out. It's been a while now since this was announced, and I don't remember if it involves ALL Civics (06-07) or just some. I'm not too concerned about the wheel coming off, but I'd like to get it (the repair) over with.

Reply to
Robert Barr

Robert Barr wrote in news:RbvOi.806$Pv2.135 @newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:

Below is the text of the recall notice. The recall only involves Civics within a certain VIN range. If you do not receive the notice, either Honda can't find you or your car is not suject to the recall. Call your local Honda dealer to be sure.

---------------------

September 2007

*Safety Recall: ABS Wheel Sensor O-Ring Inspection*

Dear Civic Owner: This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

*What is the reason for this notice?* Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has decided that a defect related to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2006-07 model year Civic vehicles equipped with the anti-lock brake systems (ABS). The ABS module uses wheel speed sensors located on each wheel hub assembly. Some wheel sensors may have been improperly installed and do not seal the hub assembly. Water may enter the hub assembly and damage the wheel bearing. In areas where road salt is used, the wheel bearings may corrode, which may cause the wheel to separate and fall off, increasing the risk of a crash. *What should you do?* Call any authorized Honda dealer and make an appointment to have your vehicle repaired. The dealer will inspect and replace the rear ABS sensor and wheel bearing if necessary. This work will be done, free of charge. Please plan to leave your vehicle at least half a day to allow the dealer flexibility in scheduling. *Who to contact if you experience problems.* If you are not satisfied with the service you receive from your Honda dealer, you may write to: American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Honda Automobile Customer Service Mail Stop 500-2N-7A 1919 Torrance Blvd. Torrance, CA 90501-2746

If you believe that American Honda or the dealer has failed or is unable to remedy the defect in your vehicle, without charge, within a reasonable period of time (60 days from the date you first contact the dealer for a repair appointment), you may submit a complaint to: Administrator National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE Washington, DC 20590 You can also call the toll-free Safety Hotline at (888) 327-4236 (TTY [800] 424-9153), or go to
*What to do if you feel this notice is in error.* Our records show that you are the current owner or lessee of a 2006 or 2007 Civic involved in this campaign. If this is not the case, or the name/address information is not correct, please fill out and return the enclosed, postagepaid Information Change Card. We will then update our records. Lessor Information Federal law requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within 10 days. *If you have questions.* If you have any questions about this notice, or need assistance with locating a Honda dealer, please call Honda Automobile Customer Service at (800) 999-1009.

We apologize for any inconvenience this campaign may cause you. Sincerely, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Honda Automobile Division

Reply to
Tegger

Have your VIN handy when you call the dealer, and he can plug it in and see if your car is in the recall series. Or just drop by your dealer's service department, and they can look it up.

Reply to
Matt Ion

If you call the dealer with your VIN or visit the dealer's service center, you should be able to find out if your car is involved in any recall, not just this one.

In addition, you can go to this web site and follow the links to call American Honda Motor Co or go to the owner's page to find out about recalls affecting a particular Honda vehicle.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I got one last week. I am waiting until my oil change is due to have the work done. Should be a few more weeks.

Reply to
Joe