Anyone having starting problems Honda civic 03

I seem to be having problems with my car not starting right away, the engine keeps turning over but takes a while until it actually starts. I had a 02 and it left me stranded a few times, so they traded it in and now my 03 seems to be following in it's unreliability. Granted my 03 civic will start, it has put me into a scare on wether or not it will actually decide one day that it just may not. It seems very sporatic and does it like once a week. I don't know what to think any more, my mechanic says it's totally normal for that to happen, but I think that is a load of ****.

Reply to
harpo

Try hitting the starter for about half a second, wait for about a second, then try starting it. If the fuel rail is losing pressurization (leaky injector, bad check valve, etc.) the first crank will often confuse the mixture and the car will be very hard to start. The bump and wait procedure is a shadetree test for that.

If it is overdue for a tuneup, definitely do that. And a bottle of injector cleaner can't hurt; might help.

There is a specific reason why your car is being hard to start. Taking care of any overlooked maintenance is a good place to begin, but ultimately you will need to pin it down if the problem persists.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee