Attention: All Toyota Prius Owners

Believe it or not--I tried to find a Toyota newsgroup to post this message but failed. If you have a Toyota Prius or if you have any relatives or friends
that have a Toyota Prius--be advised of the following information.
I heard a news report today indicating that some gov't agencies and Toyota is investigating a major problem related to Toyota Prius vehicles.
They have a stalling problem.
Those people that own Toyota Prius vehicles should take their vehicles to the nearest Toyota dealership if their Prius vehicles have a stalling problem.
If your Prius has NOT had any stalling problems, discuss this issue with the service department manager the next time you are due for service.
There may be more info. about this issue in the newspaper during the coming 3 days.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO

Old news. It's a fixable software glitch.
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Jason) wrote in 24.snlo.dialup.fix.net:

alt.autos.toyota
You're a couple of weeks behind the times. And Toyota is in the middle of upgrading the software on all affected Priuses.
http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/16/Autos/prius_computer/index.htm?cnn=yes http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7875955 /
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

alt.autos.toyota.prius
The 300X I traded in on the Prius stalled at least a hundred times on me, mostly when the primary connector on the ignition coil was intermittent. Other times were from the ECU deciding the engine wasn't running any more, battery failure causing the ECU to constantly reset, an intermittent at the ECU connector, a defective MAF sensor... so bring it on, sucka!
Mike