Audio system code

The battery went dead on my 2001 Honda Accord EX-V6. After recharging the battery everything works fine except the audio system. When I attempt to use
it CODE appears in the display when I press buttons. After that Err 1, Err 2, etc. appears. Evidently I need a code to activate the it.
How do I do this?

It should have been supplied when the car was new. Look for a sticker in the glove box, owners manual, or owners pamphlet. Otherwise you will need a dealer to get the code by looking up the radio serial number. Or replace the radio with an aftermarket.

Thanks, there was a little white sticker on the inside of the glove box door. The code worked.

Of course it did. Your question was one of the oldest of the FAQs. See here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/radiocode.html
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Hell, why bother with putting a new radio in--- it's easier to replace the car...