Auto repair

Hello fellow Honda owners,

I live in Washington DC and I have a Honda accord lx 1997. If any one knows where's there is a good auto repair shop in the District or close to the District. Would you please send me the address. I am considering having my transmission and timing belt check. And possible getting one or both of them overhauled. If you use a good reasonable priced auto repair shop the can help with these repairs. Please write. Thanks.

ED

Reply to
Edward Peterson

I can't answer your original question, but if your timing belt has never been done, get it to a shop right now and have it done. It is due, and if it breaks, you will be very sorry.

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

It's a bit of a drive, but north of Balitmore is Schaefer and Strohminger Honda (Bel Air, MD). While it is a dealership, they charge reasonable prices...not too bad.

So if your car makes the drive...lol

Reply to
Robert

For what it's worth, checking the timing belt is nearly worthless. They tend to look like they're in great condition up to the point that they fail. One of the most common failures is for the teeth to strip off the belt down at the crank pulley gear. If you're going to get the timing belt replaced, and you should based on either time or mileage if it's been either

90,000 miles or 6 years, then try searching for old posts in this newsgroup at
The common recommendation is to replace thewater pump, timing belt tensioner, cam, crank, & balance shaft seals, andvalve cover gasket (however some folks replace the tensioner at every otherbelt service but if there's a problem in between belts then the labor willbe the same as the whole belt job just for the tensioner). You can priceparts out online at
Eric
Reply to
Eric