back brake lights

have a 95 honda passport and the back brake lights do not come on when you hit the brake petal , they come on when you have the headlights on. how can this be fixed

replace light bulbs and or check the fuse that controls them.

Not knowing the history - did you get the car like this, did it happen after it was worked on, or did it happen out of the blue - I'd hazard a guess either the wrong bulbs are in the taillights (single filament instead of dual filament) or the ground on the taillight sockets is bad.
Mike

Pedal, not petal!
(oops - wrong thread...) ;-)
wrote

Yeah, but bonus points for spelling "brake" correctly!
wrote

Yeah, spell it right.
It's the "break petal".
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

As in "putt the petal to the medal." Now I forgot what was wrong with the break lites in the first place.

They were broaken.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

If all the brake lights are out, I would suspect the switch at the brake pedal.
A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at: