Backseat driverside lock release strap problem

Wailing female with backseat fold up problem.

  • The problem: the lock release strap on the backseat on the driver?s side won?t release the seat so that it can be lifted and folded up.
  • What I did: From its original passenger position, while seated I moved the slide bar under the seat so that the seat was pushed as far back as it allowed. It seemed to lock.
  • I folded the seat back down upon its cushion (the headrest removed).
  • I lifted the lock release strap and although it seemed to behave like the other lock release on the passenger side, it failed to function. It didn?t unlock the seat so that it could be folded up.
  • I should mention that the seat was originally in the fold up position.
  • My original intent was to lift the whole seat out. I saw the sliding bar near the bottom of the folded up seat and tried moving it thinking that it would release the seat and allow me to remove it. I was not aggressive and hardly messed with it. I didn?t recognize the bar as the seat slide bar for adjusting the seat backwards/forward. It was then that I tried what I stated above. 2003 CRV w/30,000 miles rare use of passenger seat in any position. Thanking you in advance.
Reply to
aacharmed

Try these links and see if its covered by a TSB:

Os sign in and SEARCH at

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_