Bad wheel bearing or tire?

Whenever I get up to a speed of 35 m.p.h. or more with my 98' Accord, a vibration and corresponding bumping noise begins. This noise is very rapid
sounding even at slower speeds. I can get on up to roughly 65 m.p.h. and the noise continues. If I slightly turn the wheel to the left at pretty much any speed over 35 m.p.h. the noise completely stops temporarily until I straighten the wheel back out or turn to the right; which makes it even worse. At least it seems that way.
The tires are almost new Bridgestone Turanza LS-Hs. They only have about 600 miles on them now. If it were a bad tire that is causing the problem, I don't understand why the noise will completely stop when I slightly turn the vehicle at cruising speed. This is why I would lean towards a diagnosis of a bad wheel bearing. It appears to be coming from the left front wheel area of the car.
Lastly, can a bad CV joint produce this same type of noise with these particular types of Honda cars?
Ron M.
Ron M. wrote:

It sounds to me like it could be a bend in the rim or the wheel bearing. You could jack up the front left of the car and run the engine to spin the wheel.
"Ron M." wrote:

Here are a couple of links to two of my old posts where I describe how to check the wheel bearing, ball joints, and front suspension for loose and worn parts, http://tinyurl.com/nbord and http://tinyurl.com/m45r8 . Follow the procedures I've described and then let us know what you find.
Eric
"Ron M." wrote:

For what it's worth, I'm on my second set of Turanza LS-Ts. Both sets have worked great for me and my last set lasted about 65-70K mi. Moreover, many other users of this tire that I know of have not had any problems. Though that doesn't exclude the possibility of one bad apple in the bunch, it just lowers the odds somewhat.
Eric

I would rotate the tires and see if the symptom changes. While you have it up, check the CV joints.

As it turns out, the guy at the tire shop where I purchased the tires a few weeks ago obviously didn't get the lug nuts tight enough on the left front wheel and they had all four worked themselves extremely loose. You couldn't tell it by just looking at it. But when you jacked the car up and grabbed the top and bottom of the tire it was immediately obvious what was causing the previously described problem. I would have never dreamed that this particular tire shop would have done this to my wheel. :-(
Needless to say that this particular mistake of theirs could have ended up costing me my life. Or at least screwed up my car in a major kind of way. The lesson learned here is that I am now going to invest in my own torque wrench and go behind these people whenever I have a new set of tires put on, or have them rotated, etc. This is pretty sad to me...
Ron M.

to ensure the wheel isn't cracking. I had to replace the wheel and all the lugs.
Mike

noise. jack the wheel off the ground and check for play.