Ball Joint Stud/Castle Nut "Froze"

Page 2 of 2

Yes,you could easily have variation in the levelness of the ground under the car,that you would not be able to see without a long construction level or other non-eyeball means. 1/2 inch of slope or variation would not be easily seen.

No.the spring is going to push the axle out X distance,depending on the weight on that side of the car.The diameter of the tire will only determine how far the axle is above the ground,not how far the spring pushes against the car's weight.
Now I'm gonna go out and measure my Integra..... 8-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

THANKS !!
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I forgot to ask;did you press it in yourself? How did you do it? Removal of the old one?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Oil in there is a real problem... as I've found :-(
Mike

That's in my notes from the "Ball Joint Tools" thread of earlier. :-)
Also, as evidence I am paying attention (well, this time with a bit of hindsight as I look over my copy-and-pasted notes) I see a guy named headknocker suggested (in that thread) a vice grip applied to the joint when re-assembling to prevent the stud from turning.
Elle wrote:

Elle: Yeah, that was me. Both ways work equally well. Pick your poison :)