Ball Joints, Honda Civic EX

I have a 1998 Honda Civic EX 4-Door. I've owned it since June 1998. Right now, I'm at 195,800 miles.

Recently, after doing an oil pan replacement, the dealer addressed the squeaking and noise I have by telling me that my for my lower ball joints, the boot has cracked. Should I simply replace the boot or have the boot AND the ball joints replaced?

-- Message posted using

information at

warlock162

replace the whole joint. now they've been running without lube for a while, they will be starting to seize, hence the squeaking. you don't want this to happen:

jim beam

--------------------

You didn't describe the 'noise'.

Keep in mind it could also be your sway bar links. They will 'clack' when you go over uneven ground, like curbs, and can squeak too.

has diagrams and part numbers

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

If they are already making noise, they are shot. Assuming your mechanic correctly identified the ball joints as the source of the noise, its too late to just replace the boots.

Reply to
E Meyer

it's definitely the lower ball joints. i know the very noise he's talking about. get it fixed immediately or else you may need a tow truck and alot more than balls joints. you can just do the side thats squeeking without replacing the other side but the other side may go bad soon to.

Reply to
Jeff

Curly,

You mentioned

out of San Leadro, CA.

However, I use

out of Rhode Island. I used this one due to its proximity to me in Michigan.

Your website, is information well received.

-- Message posted using

information at

warlock162