Bando brand timing belt

Hi,
A week ago, I spent $650 on a timing belt service at a local Honda dealer. They replaced timing/drive belts, water pumps, and various seals.
Today I had the opportunity to open the hood and take a look.
I noticed that the brand of the timing belt is Bando. I remember that the original belt's brand was Mitsubishi.
My question is whethr Bando belt is any good? Is it considered to be genuine Honda part?
Thanks, EZ
eh wrote:

============================= If you can see the timing belt just by opening the hood, they've left some very important parts off your car !! You are looking (I hope) at the drive belts, formerly known as 'fan belts'. I don't know about the brand name.
'Curly'
As Curly mentioned , you cannot see your timing belt by just opening the hood. The belt you are seeing is one of your accessory belts. Bando is a very good belt and has been used for many years on import cars, infact , my '04 Accord has a Bando serpentine belt on it from the factory. Scott

No, it was MitsuBOSHI. No relation to MitsuBISHI.
Mitsuboshi is Japanese for "Three Stars" Mitsubishi is Japanese for "Three Diamonds".
And as others have pointed out, the belt you're looking at is an accessory drive belt, not the timing belt.

Might be. Bando is OEM to somebody somewhere. It's fine. Don't worry about it.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
eh wrote:

To answer your question, Bando is an OEM Honda brand. Honda uses various manufacturers to produce products to Honda specifications. In many instances a part will be replaced with a part of different brand manufacturer, but it will be an Genuine Honda OEM part. And, yes, what you're seeing is probably not your timing belt. Howard

Thank you all for your replies to clarify things up. As you can probably tell, I am a newbie trying to learn from you experts.
thanks, eh