Barely working Radio

I have a 2000 Honda Accord and one day while driving the radio just turned off. It will come on periodically but only when it feels like it. When ur does come on it only lays for a short period of time and sounds really staticy and then just curs out.
Does any one have any idea what this could be?
Thanks in advance!

If you'd been both baked and frozen all the while being bounced and jounced around, and subjected to interior air pollution and kids sticky fingers for 15 years, you'd probably be showing about the same symptoms.
Replacement car radios are inexpensive and the swap-out is relatively simple.
--
The taxpayers are sending congressmen on expensive trips overseas. It
might be worth it, except they keep coming back.

+1.
I think I've replaced the stereo within a month of purchasing each car. Don't think I ever spent more than $300, with installation costs, and every stereo I got blew away the stock stereo.