Bargin for a Fit?

I suppose that with the posts about not being able to find a Fit, bargining on the price would be a bit tough? Can I expect to get anything off the MSRP or various add-ons?

Reply to
dgk

According to Fit owners I've talked to, Honda dealers are currently charging as much as $2,000 OVER MSRP, and that's for people who haven't even seen nor test drove the car yet, so you might as well forget about bargains. Right now you can get an entry level V6 Mustang for the same price as a Fit.

Reply to
Spaz

as much as $2,000 OVER

so you might as well

the same price as a Fit.

And you'll pay more for gas and repairs.

It was the same thing when the current Civic was introduced. Give it a few months and there will be more Fits available and you won't have to pay so much over MSRP.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

as much as $2,000 OVER

so you might as well

the same price as a Fit.

I didn't realize that they can charge more than MRSP. I can wait.

Reply to
dgk

charging as much as $2,000 OVER

Its a free country and a dealer (or any other merchant) can ask for what they want.

I bought my Fit Sport Automatic for MSRP. Had to wait over 2 months for it. I have put about 150 miles on it, so far so good. It is very spacious, drives well, radio is good, visibility excellent. No regrets so far. There are alternatives, but I thought this was the most versatile car around. The 5 door (think micro van) configuration makes it good for me.

Reply to
sapper

I can just see the advertising agency working on the scripts now.

"I'm going to have a Fit!" the woman screams.

"If gas prices keep going up, I'm going to have a Fit!" the man growls.

"We must Fit ourselves into life!" says the wise old man.

"Thanks to you kids, when I come in tomorrow, I'm going go have a Fit!" the teacher says.

Scene cuts to teacher driving into the parking lot the next morning, surrounded by happy kids.

Voiceover: "The Honda Fit. What modern life is all about!"

J.

Reply to
JXStern

Turn pro. Quit your day job.

Reply to
dgk

Yep. I paid MSRP for my Fit here in Phoenix AZ. Plus a few hundred for stuff the dealer added on, like a cargo net and stuff. I've put almost

2000 miles on it already. Getting a bit over 32 MPG on average. I install computers and small networks. I can get almost as much stuff in the cargo area as I could in my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, so I have been very happy with it so far.
Reply to
Devin Rankin