battery light

Could one of you help me with my problem????
My battery light kept coming on and at first it wasnít an issue because I was just driving 2 miles to work and 2 miles back. I just
made a long commute and the radio is cutting off intermitently and the speedometer needle is going down and up when I turn my turn signal on, my windshield wipers are going really slow. But when I accelerate the battery light goes off. I am pretty sure itís an alternator issue but I donít think it is all the way broken. I just put a new battery in about 4 months ago so I am pretty sure itís not that. I obviously donít know ** about cars or else I would definatley know what the problem is and would probably be able to fix it myself. Please give me some guidance so I donít blindly go into an auto repair shop and get taken for all I am worth, I am broke as it is.
Thanks, Mikey
‚úĖ
mikey999 wrote:

It would help to know the mileage, model and year of your car, but the symptoms you describe are consistent with worn-out brushes in the alternator. Usually it is possible to replace the brushes with the alternator still in the car.

A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
‚úĖ
"Randolph" wrote: > mikey999 wrote: > > > > Could one of you help me with my problem???? > > > > My battery light kept coming on and at first it wasnít an > issue > > because I was just driving 2 miles to work and 2 miles back. > I just > > made a long commute and the radio is cutting off > intermitently and the > > speedometer needle is going down and up when I turn my turn > signal on, > > my windshield wipers are going really slow. But when I > accelerate the > > battery light goes off. I am pretty sure itís an alternator > issue but > > I donít think it is all the way broken. I just put a new > battery in > > about 4 months ago so I am pretty sure itís not that. I > obviously > > donít know ** about cars or else I would definatley know > what the > > problem is and would probably be able to fix it myself. > Please give me > > some guidance so I donít blindly go into an auto repair shop > and get > > taken for all I am worth, I am broke as it is. > > > > Thanks, > > Mikey > > It would help to know the mileage, model and year of your car, > but the > symptoms you describe are consistent with worn-out brushes in > the > alternator. Usually it is possible to replace the brushes with > the > alternator still in the car. > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Honda-battery-light-ftopict121033.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pX8546 > > -- > ====================================================== > A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at: > http://www.geocities.com/ng_randolph
Thanks.
It is a Honda Accord 1990. 120,00 miles
mikey999
Add pictures here