battery light

Could one of you help me with my problem????

My battery light kept coming on and at first it wasn?t an issue because I was just driving 2 miles to work and 2 miles back. I just made a long commute and the radio is cutting off intermitently and the speedometer needle is going down and up when I turn my turn signal on, my windshield wipers are going really slow. But when I accelerate the battery light goes off. I am pretty sure it?s an alternator issue but I don?t think it is all the way broken. I just put a new battery in about 4 months ago so I am pretty sure it?s not that. I obviously don?t know ** about cars or else I would definatley know what the problem is and would probably be able to fix it myself. Please give me some guidance so I don?t blindly go into an auto repair shop and get taken for all I am worth, I am broke as it is.

Thanks, Mikey

Reply to
mikey999

It would help to know the mileage, model and year of your car, but the symptoms you describe are consistent with worn-out brushes in the alternator. Usually it is possible to replace the brushes with the alternator still in the car.

Reply to
Randolph

"Randolph" wrote: > mikey999 wrote: > > > > Could one of you help me with my problem???? > > > > My battery light kept coming on and at first it wasn?t an > issue > > because I was just driving 2 miles to work and 2 miles back. > I just > > made a long commute and the radio is cutting off > intermitently and the > > speedometer needle is going down and up when I turn my turn > signal on, > > my windshield wipers are going really slow. But when I > accelerate the > > battery light goes off. I am pretty sure it?s an alternator > issue but > > I don?t think it is all the way broken. I just put a new > battery in > > about 4 months ago so I am pretty sure it?s not that. I > obviously > > don?t know ** about cars or else I would definatley know > what the > > problem is and would probably be able to fix it myself. > Please give me > > some guidance so I don?t blindly go into an auto repair shop > and get > > taken for all I am worth, I am broke as it is. > > > > Thanks, > > Mikey > > It would help to know the mileage, model and year of your car, > but the > symptoms you describe are consistent with worn-out brushes in > the > alternator. Usually it is possible to replace the brushes with > the > alternator still in the car. > > > > -- > > Posted using the

interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL:
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
> > -- > ======================================================= > A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at: >
Thanks.

It is a Honda Accord 1990. 120,00 miles

mikey999