beep when open car door

Hi,
I just bought a 2005 Honda Civic EX sedan last week. I've noticed that when I open the driver's side door to get into the car, sometimes I hear a
quick beeping noise to indicate that I've opened the door, but other times when I open the door to get into the car I don't hear a beep. I'm not sure why I hear the beep sometimes but not at other times - I haven't been able to correlate it with anything in particular. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? I'm not sure if this is normal or a problem. Thanks.
Smitty
Smitty via CarKB.com wrote:

Are the headlights on when it beeps?
Nope, headlights are not on.
Hi,
I think i may have just figured it out, and I think it is actually related to the headlights. I just went down to my car to experiment with what the difference was between when the car would beep when I opened the door and when it wouldn't. When I unlock the door with the remote transmitter, the headlights flash quickly (which I didn't appreciate earlier during the daytime (its night where I am now) - I previously didn't notice that the headlights flashed). If I happen to open the car door at the same time the headlights flash (within the first second or so after unlocking the car with the remote transmitter), I hear a beep. However, if I wait a second or two longer and open the door after the headlights flash, I do not hear the beep. Thus, it seems that the beep is indeed related to the headlights being on (even momentarily) when the car door is opened.
Thanks for your help.
Smitty

Did you get an owner's manual with that new car?
If not, go back and insist on getting one.
If so, open it. It's CHOCK FULL of nifty information about your shiny new $20,000 toy, things you won't know unless you read the manual.

You know what? If you'd READ the owner's manual of your shiny new $20,000 toy, you'd have known that the headlights flash.
But hey, you know how to drive, right? Who needs an owner's manual?