best time of year to buy new Accord

Already seeing ads on tv and getting mail from dealers that it's "clearance time", but isn't it still early for that?

I guess no big changes are due for the Accord (EX Sedan I4) this year, so don't expect any big discounts on remaining stock.

I don't see any incentives but this "marketing support" going on via Edmunds:

My lease is up in December, but I'm already over lease and warranty miles so am open to an earlier deal.

Advice welcome.

Thanks.

Josh

Reply to
JXStern

JXStern wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The very best time to buy is when they want to sell more than you want to buy.

Not kidding here.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I bought my "92 Accord in late Sept of '92, just as the '93 ones came out. Got a very good deal, and there wasn't much difference between the cars. I still have the car, and it's running fine. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules on this anymore. The world of automotive marketing has become hyper-competitive and prices change all the time, much like with airline seats. You just really don't know.

So, the time to buy a new car is when you really need one :).

John

Reply to
John Horner

John Horner, wrote the following at or about 7/31/2006 4:21 PM:

No, the time to buy a new car is when you decide that you really WANT to buy a new one. Have your finances in order and be prepared to jump on that good deal.

I just picked up a 2006 Accord EX 4dr V6 all the options except the navigation system. This car was sold to the proverbial "85 yr old grandmother" in January. She and her housekeeper managed to put 2090 miles on it before the state DMV pulled her driver's license due to her age.

I was thinking about buying a new car and sorta, kinda looking when this one floated across the radar screen in the local newspaper. Did I overpay at $21,000? LOL!

It cost her $26,648 to drive it off the lot in January. She ate the initial depreciation and gave me a new car. It's a work/daily driver for me and I'll put 2,000 miles on it every 5 or 6 weeks. How could I go wrong?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

You got an excellent deal. Eagle eyes and thorough preparation can indeed land a person a bargain, as long as you know what you are doing!

John

Reply to
John Horner

It may matter when you plan to resell. If you are planning to keep it for a decade, you may buy it cheaper at the end of the model year. However if you plan to buy a new one every 3-5 years, you get the "new year depreciation hit' if you you buy at the end of a year.

Reply to
rick++