Blinking D4 shift indicator

Page 2 of 2

Better make sure. This is critically important.
--
Tegger

Those troubleshooting decision trees in the Honda Service Manual may not be very useful to diagnose problems that could not have been foreseen by Honda engineers at the time the service manuals were printed, i.e., when the cars were introduced. I think these strange warm engine restart failures after years of ownerships are such. I have not seen any such symptoms listed in the Service Manual's troubleshooting section. Using DTC-s to diagnose these transitory problems is therefore probably useless or misleading. I think such problems are only addressed by Honda in service bulletins, if at all. But they are not as easily available to individual car owners as is the official service manual.