blower motor on 97 civic EX

When my daughter turns on the A/C in her 97 Honda Civic EX 5 spd, something in the right side footwell starts making a thumping noise. The thumping noise gets faster as you speed up the A/C fan. Is her blower motor dying ?

Uh, this bad boy is not cheap:

How easy is it to drop the blower assembly and check it out ?

We just put a new clutch cnd rebuilt the gearbox bearings in this car. I'm afraid I'm not real anxious to drop another $500+ on it.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

sounds like it may be. there could be something caught in it to. check behind the glove compartment door i think and see if something may be in the fan.

Jeff

Super easy, 3 screws and it drops to the floor.

You can get a blower motor from a wrecker for way cheaper than that. Call around, see what you can find.

Lynn wrote:

loewent via CarKB.com

PS, I usually drop if at least once a year. This car doesn't have a cabin air filter, so I often get leaves and other shit in the blower. Starts clicking at certain speeds. Really annoying.

loewent wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

I'll drop it tonight. She told me at 10 pm last night ...

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire