blower motor on 97 civic EX

When my daughter turns on the A/C in her 97 Honda Civic EX 5 spd, something in the right side footwell starts making a thumping noise. The thumping noise gets faster as you speed up the A/C fan. Is her blower
motor dying ?
Uh, this bad boy is not cheap: http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=CIVIC&Year 97&TrimLevel-R+EX&TransLevel=5MTKA&Section=E&Category=B++1710%7CHEATER+BLOWER&Doors=2&Emissions=KA&PartCatalogIdS020
How easy is it to drop the blower assembly and check it out ?
We just put a new clutch cnd rebuilt the gearbox bearings in this car. I'm afraid I'm not real anxious to drop another $500+ on it.
Thanks, Lynn
sounds like it may be. there could be something caught in it to. check behind the glove compartment door i think and see if something may be in the fan.
-jeff

http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=CIVIC&Year 97&TrimLevel-R+EX&TransLevel=5MTKA&Section=E&Category=B++1710%7CHEATER+BLOWER&Doors=2&Emissions=KA&PartCatalogIdS020
Super easy, 3 screws and it drops to the floor.
You can get a blower motor from a wrecker for way cheaper than that. Call around, see what you can find.
Lynn wrote:

PS, I usually drop if at least once a year. This car doesn't have a cabin air filter, so I often get leaves and other shit in the blower. Starts clicking at certain speeds. Really annoying.
loewent wrote:

I'll drop it tonight. She told me at 10 pm last night ...
Lynn