brake light staying on.

Last year my brake light would stay on and my computer braking would not work any more. My mechanic would test everything and tell me that everything tested fine. He said I would have to replace the computer. The Honda price for this was astronomical. I went to ebay and bought one for 40 dollars delivered. It is quite easy to install and I did it myself. This did not fix the problem.

I live where there is a lot of salt on the roads in Winter. I asked my mechanic to test the brake sensors. They tested fine on two different occasions. I was getting frustrated. I wanted those special auto anti-lock brakes to work because there is snow here all Winter. I told him to replace the sensors and I would suffer the loss of money if they did not fix the problem. As I said, the resistance measurement he made conformed to Honda's specifications perfectly.

My anti-lock braking system has been working now perfectly for a year and we are going into another Winter where those brakes are very important to me.

DO NOT TRUST HONDA'S SPECIFICATIONS FOR BRAKE SENSOR OHM READINGS. I wonder how many Honda 800 dollar computers have been sold because of bad brake sensors.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Chemical condemnation is a non linear function and is much dependant on the applied voltage (and the resultant current) much also depends on the make up and quality of the ohm meter. It is also effected by the moisture content of the chemical contaminants.

Often the only way to ID the problenm is, as you found out, shot gun replacement of parts.

Reply to
NotMe