brake making noise

I just had new rotors,new axles and cv boots and bearings put on the car. last night after i turned off the car i applied the brake cause the car was drifting i heard a scraping noise,is that because the car wasnt on. i was told i dont need new brakes at all i just took it back to the mechanic and asked,he would of put new brakes on when i got my rotors if i needed them.he is very trustworthy. my mom said she hears scraping sometimes when she got new rotors in her eclipse. thanks for your help.also i cant hear if they are scraping when i am driving cause my husband has exhaust on the car.

Reply to
rynniki

I advise you to check the brakes or take it to another mechanic or the Honda dealership and have them check the brakes. Based upon what you wrote, it's fairly obvious that your mechanic screwed up.

Reply to
Jason

i am going to take it back to the same mechanic and have the same person i always get to look at it... he isn't the one who did all the rotors and all. the guy who did the rotors and everything was new. i will make them take off the wheels and look at the breaks with me there.

Reply to
rynniki

Seems like a great paln. I must have misunderstood you--I was under the impression that your mechanic was the person that installed the rotors and the other items. I am sorry. Your present plan seems to me to be a good one.

Reply to
Jason

you don't say what age, model or even make of car - information that would be useful!

that said, i was sold front disks for an '89 civic no less than 3 times that were 20mm thick. the 90 up takes 20mm, the 88-89 takes 18mm. the disks fitted, but were slightly too large for the caliper & scraped. seems that some of the parts books omit this vital distinction.

Reply to
jim beam

it is a 1994 civic dx

Reply to