brake pad replacement

Hi, I have put 40,000 km on my 2005 Honda Odyssey and have had no problems thus far except the A/C condenser got hit by a stone and needed replacement. Common design flaw (or should I say design intention) on the Odyssey. Repair bill over 800 bucks to replace this. They stick it right up front where it waits for rocks and pellets to hit it. Anyway, I checked the front brake pads for wear by taking them out and inspecting them and found that they had worn down but not enought that they needed replacing, so I put them back on. I found that I didn't need to take the wheel off to determine this; I could see the wear level from the side of the caliper through the wheel rims. I bought a full set of brake pads from a Honda dealer for the front and back wheels and will replace them when I hit 50K km. I need info on how to replace or remove the spark plugs out of the engine. Are there any schematics out there on the engine compartment?

Reply to
noobiedoobie

That's why lots of folks add mesh screen of various types / prices to deflect stray pebbles that cost $800. You can buy all kinds or DIY. I've used plastic gutter guard for one of my CR-V's but it was a lot of work. Take a look at

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I checked out the site but I couldn't find info on the mesh screens...?

Reply to
noobiedoobie

Most condensers are out in the open!, The need air! Put some hardware wire in front of it...Don''t Tailgate!! >

Get a manual from Helms , They are the best and it will pay for itself in one job!

Reply to
Andy

How about them Honda Brake pads. I have 86,000 miles on my 1999 4-cyl Accord sedan and it still has the original pads. I bought OEM replacements at about 30k in anticipation of them wearing out, but they are still sitting on the shelf.

Reply to
Sid

quoted text -

You're kidding! What's the mileage? I was surprised at the lack of wear on the pads. I had a mind to return the pads but reconsidered since I would eventually replace them anyway, but that's 160 bucks sitting on my shelf in the garage, and I don't know if the dealer would provide a refund for return.

Reply to
noobiedoobie