Brake Pedal Switch & engine mounts need replacing

I have a 03 Odessey, with 60,000 miles. I've had problems intermitantly with it disengaging from park. Honday said the brake pedal switch needed replacing
and as a separate issue the engine mounts were broken and cracked. I've never had any of my vehicles have either of these problems and most of them have been 7-10yrs old with lots of miles. Is this normal or is Honda taking me for a ride?
marej wrote:

---------------------------------------
Do you mean to say that you've had problems intermittently with it NOT disengaging from park ? ?
There are TSB's about the shifter disengagement problem, and is sounds like the DEALER is taking you for a ride. Honda can't be everywhere at all times watching the franchisees.
Have you been using the shifter release trick in the manual whenever it's won't budge for you? See page one in this document if you don't have the manual in front of you:
PDI Sheets for Odyssey http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/odyssey/x98-077e.pdf
This TSB describes a different recall on a Civic, but the shifter cable adjustment is (basically) the same for an Odyssey. http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/civic/x94-010e.pdf Sometimes just lubing the front end of the cable (remove small cover under engine) is all you need, or adjust the cable so your dash indicators work better and your shifter will release properly. CR-V has similar problems if the adjustment is out, or cable gets gummed up at the front end. It's common to most Hondas and usually gets WAY worse when the weather turns cold. . . Your dealer should be able to fix it in about 5 minutes (if the switch isn't actually shot).
I don't know about your motor mounts . . . Why not try an independent mechanic?
'Curly'
The brake switch is a common problem with locking in park. As for the motor mounts they are also a common problem. They are liquid filled and often leak. For lots more information go to www.odyclub.com forum and do a search...

My '03 Accord doesn't have the motor mount problem, but apparently Honda's brake switches were not very well crafted for that year, as mine went in less than 50m miles. The symptoms of it beginning to go are brake lights that stay on when your not pushing the pedal, and intermittent problems getting it to shift out of Park. Replacing the switch fixed it all. And you'll notice that the replacement switch has a beefier piston.
If by " problems intermittently with it disengaging from park", you mean that you are unable to get it out of Park. Then have the switch replaced. It's a $10.00 part and an easy DIY install. If, on the other hand, the shifter is disengaging from Park on it's own, that's a bit more serious. Try a different Honda (or Acura) dealer if you feel you're being lied to.
Bob