Brake repair question

I replaced my rotors and pads on my 1997 CRV with bendix parts. About 1000 miles later after driving at highway speed for 20 mile or so and then going to slower speed around 35MPH I get squealing from the
brakes. I press the pedal to start stopping and the noise stops. What did I do wrong, or miss? The vehicle started doing this before I replaced the brakes, BUT I figured that it was worn parts becuase the pedal vibrated too. The pedal no longer vibrates and the vehicle seems to stop good. Thanks for your input. Joel
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1189047482.919331.134400@ 57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

Try OEM parts, not crappy aftermarket.
Were the anti-squeal shims reinstalled? Was there a tiny dab of Sil-Glyde or M-77 put in the correct places on the shims?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

That's a surprising response.
Bendix sells aftermarket-- but like many major and old-line parts suppliers, also sells those very same parts made on the very same assembly lines to the auto manufacturers. They are a Tier One supplier.

My 2000 Si has done the same thing on 2 occassions with the original pads. Both times I pulled over, stopped, move slightly back and forward and problem gone. I figured that maybe some debris on the road got temporarily caught in the brake area or something. Hasn't happened again in the past 5 years (and still on the original pads!)
Ignore the previous posts.
The squeak is from the pad vibrating in the caliper because of typically, rust on the piston.
Buy yourself a spray can of Permatex Disk Brake Quiet.
Some pads come with a similar coating already sprayed on.
-SP
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Do I take the caliper off, what is the procedure? Joel Incidentally, do I need shims?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Your car came with anti-squeal shims from the factory, and they are supposed to be used all the time. If yours are missing, the usual reason is that the aftermarket pads were too thick so the tech simply left them off.
Anti-squeal potions are wholly unnecessary if the brakes are properly serviced and OEM parts are used.
If one insists on fudging a fix rather than doing things properly, one needs to remove the caliper, remove the pads, apply magic potion to back of pads, reinstall.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Did you use top-of-the line replacement parts or the lowest grade? I've had good luck with both factory parts and with the highest grade aftermarket parts like Raybestos QuietStops. I've had noisy brakes on several vehicles with middle of the road and/or cheapest aftermarket parts.
I haven't seen Bendix branded aftermarket brake parts in years. It looks like their aftermarket stuff is now part of the Honeywell aftermarket product line, which line isn't always the best of the best IMO.

Update. I just put shims on and permatex brake quiet. I gave it a good test drive and so far so good. THanks for the help!
On Sep 12, 2:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Update again, I was wrong its tarted squealing again. So back go the bendix parts and on come the honda parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

And this time do it RIGHT. Aftermarket sucks.