Brakes on a 97 Civic

Page 2 of 2
jim beam wrote:

Hey, admission is half the battle...

You wouldn't know reality if it bit you in the ass. Back into the ignore file with you!
JT
On 02/14/2010 07:52 AM, Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

idiot.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Yep, take a look in the mirror buddy !!!

That's why I listed the MC pushrod LAST in my list.
Perhaps I should have specified that I was listing things in order of likeliness.

Not just that, but tool variance and wear. Production quantities always involve some degree of tool wear, which changes dimensions during the run.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On 02/13/2010 04:01 PM, Tegger wrote:

any dimensional differences on hydraulics are measured in hundredths of mm. that affects pedal travel not even a tiny bit.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

On 02/13/2010 04:38 PM, jim beam wrote:

the top piston is ~19 years old and with ~170k miles on it. the bottom is factory new, zero miles.
from the right hand end of the piston push-rod to the internal end where the brake booster rod goes is 47.82mm on the old one and 47.81mm on the new one. 0.01mm is not a significant difference - likely to be factory tolerance more than it is wear. even when allowing for a ~10:1 foot pedal leverage ratio, that's still only 0.1mm pedal travel difference at the pedal.
bottom line, adjusting the push rod "for differences between old and new master cylinders" is mistaken. if there are any perceived problems with pedal travel, it's because of wear in the pedal pivots. end of story.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

of all the systems (rubber) seals.
--
Clive

On 02/15/2010 07:28 AM, Clive wrote:

for hydraulic sealing, yes. but that's another thing that doesn't require any pushrod adjustment.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Clive

Tegger wrote:

Naw... You're doin' just fine. It's who you are "attempting" to communicate with.

I spent many years in manufacturing and regardless of how automated a process may be, there is always the human variable whether it is at the front or back end. Ever see an example of when JIT logistics actually work? Lean manufacturing??? There is always theat pesky human element that acts like grit on a slippery slope..
JT
On 02/13/2010 09:40 PM, Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

amazingly for you, yes i am familiar with those kinds of buzzwords. people that aren't trying to cover their ignorance with same refer to it as "q.c.".
--
nomina rutrum rutrum