Break switch or break stopper

how do u know if your break swith went or if it's just the stopper? I pulled the Breakfuse so my battery would not burn out & now the horn does not work & I can not get the car to go into reverse or drive.

Did you mean "Brake"?
On Oct 31, 7:01 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

It's easy to check the stopper - the brake switch should rest against a stopper when the brake pedal is all the way up. If the stopper is missing the switch will be poking through the hole the stopper belongs in.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

damn dude, your psychic powers are /way/ impressive! and it's not even wednesday!

It's like I have this giant brain or something.

That happened to my 94 Integra;the PLASTIC stopper crumbled from age and Florida heat and the brake lights stayed on. I had the dealer replace it as I didn't know anything was missing;diagrams I found online did not show that missing part.Otherwise,I would have improvised one myself. Dealer charged me $60.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3335.bay.webtv.net:

I assume the BRAKE lights are on all the time?
Crawl under the dash and look at the top of the BRAKE pedal. At the BRAKE switch there will be a black rubber coin-like thingy about the size of a nickel or dime. If that has a hole in it, has shifted or fallen off this will be readily apparent.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I guess it hardly matters much that the horn doesn't work if you can't get the car in gear....:-)
Replace the brake switch. It's an $11.00, 20 minute, DIY repair.
Bob

It probably is not the switch,but a missing plastic button on the pedal arm.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik