Breaks making noise when I apply them at stop

I have a honda civic 1993...My breaks make noise when I press them at a stop sign or any any intersection, when the car is completely stopped. I don't get a noise when I press them during driving. I had my pads,
rotor, and wheel cylinder replaced only within last month or so. In fact, got the wheel cylinders changed only like 2-3 days ago. The noise is like grrrrr... something.. It seems that it is coming from behind of the car, somewhere close to the closet.
Any ideas?
ravi wrote:

You said the noise is close to the closet . . . Are we talking about a MOTORHOME, or a '93 Honda Civic? :-) Please describe the Grrrr better too. Is it steel on steel or like a fingernail on chalk board? Other? How does this noise compare with the noise described in you owner's manual (brakes worn)?
'Curly'
ravi wrote:

are the pads oem or aftermarket? is the car automatic? if yes to both, it's creeping forward and the pads making noise. either press the BRAKE pedal harder or replace the pads.

Does the "grrr" sound like a metallic grinding noise, or does it sound like the bump-bump-bump noise you get when you run your hand down a rubber balloon?
If it's the rubber balloon thing, this is common with FRONT DISC brakes and automatic transmissions, especially with aftermarket pads or with humid weather. The symptoms show up most if you are stopped at a light, and you let off the brakes **just enough** to allow the car to creep forwards **very** slightly.
If you are using dealer pads, it's the front brakes, you have an auto tranny, and it's the rubber balloon sound, don't worry about it. When the humidity goes down, the noise will lessen.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ