Broken speedometer...

hey guys, and gals, whats up? my 1993 civic speedometer was working fine for a while and then it suddenly just stopped working and now it says its going "0" all the time. It was spazzing out before it
stopped working cause every once in a while, it would go to like 120 and then back to my actual speed. if anyone knows why its not working and/or what i can do to fix it, let me know! thanks!
Check your speed sensor unit, otherwise I think the whole unit crapped out
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3111.bay.webtv.net:

It's called a Vehicle Speed Sensor(VSS) in my Integra/Civic Haynes manual. Mounted on the transaxle.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

93Civic wrote:

The answer is out there. . Have you tried searching this group, or Google.com? I saw it recently.
'Curly'