Bye Bye Honda Fit! Helllllllllooooooooooo Mazdaspeed3!!!!!

Page 2 of 2
Gordon McGrew wrote:

Maybe time to use cars for transportation (what they're really all about) and not racing.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Alan Browne wrote:

Maybe not. But if I were Mitsubishi I would not want to pay for any repairs on a car that was raced. Racing = rapid wear and tear. Why should they cover it? I think every car maker has explicit statements in the warranty saying that racing equals automatic cancellation of a warranty. If you race $30k car you'd better have cash to pay for all repairs out of pocket or race something cheaper. Period.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Gordon McGrew wrote:

http://64.233.187.104/search?q Κche:lIxAsPWlx3sJ:team3s.com/digests/v02n263.htm+mitsubishi+warranty+racing+denied+OR+deny+OR+void*&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3
they have to prove it. just 'cos you raced a mitsu doesn't mean it's the same vehicle as affected by a warranty issue. heck, if you're a mitsu fan, you'll have two or three of them, one for towing the racer to events, one for the wife, etc. denial based on "inconclusive" web browsing is a try-on. and they know it. don't take "no" for an answer. you have rights in this matter. exercise them.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Matt Ion wrote:

Lets see, my laundry list for Impreza (including WRX):
1. shitty handling (can't feel where the car ends) 2. shitty 5sp transmission. 3. "hello retirement!" suspension (My Outback Sport rolls MORE with a fat rear sway bar than a Toyolet Malibu without, and mind you Malibu is not a sporting car by any measure). 4. mediocre brakes
On Impreza without turbo:
5. shitty gear ratios
On the plus side there are gobs of traction anywhere. But Civic Si should be no worse I expect. And dispite the puny 139 ft.lbs of torque that beast does 0-60 in 6.5 sec while my pigley that can theoretically crank out 166 ft.lbs does it in 8.4 See the part about shitty gearing above if you are still Imprezzed.
Granted, for WRX you probably would have so much power that you won't care how the car is geared. Properly or not you'd have plenty of power anywhere and can transport yourself pretty quickly. Having zero enjoyment in the process.
So if a muscle car is in your future WRX fits the bill just fine. But if you have any brains left you may want to give a long and hard look to Civic Si.
Dunno if the seats are bearable though. They were complete P.O.S. when I test drove a civic 3 years ago and that was a dealbreaker.
Add pictures here
βœ–
My son and I test drove a WRX a few months ago when we were shopping for a new car for him for graduation.
Fast? Oh yeah.
But it was put together like the cheapo civic DX and even shutting the doors sounded tinny. The inside was nothing to write home about. I guess if you want raw power, it's for you. Personally I like a balance of both.
He ended up getting an EX-V6 4 door Accord 6-Spd.
G-Man

Add pictures here
βœ–

They're designed, based on the trim level/spec to be a road legal track car. As such creature comforts that add weight, like the soundproofing, and all that, are taken out.
friend of a friend ran a hillclimb car (60's mini) - you had to wear radio headsets inside your helmets to talk between the ocupants, because it was too noisy otherwise. Thats how such cars are.
Drove a Metro 6R4 groupB rally car from the early/mid 80s a few yewars back, you couldn't hear anything in that thing, and it was fast as hell - 80's civic hatchback size, 450+hp, and 4WD. was banned from rallys for being too fast and so too dangerous. At the time, they were able to lap silverstone in them within about 10-15 seconds of the formula1 cars. but noisy - hell yeah!

Add pictures here
βœ–
I picked up my Fit 07 this evening. I got the Sport Auto. Had to wait almost 2 months for it! Drives well, the engine seems to rev up a bit when starting up. Ride is a bit firm - comparable to a 1992 2 door civic. Seats are firm, but very supporting and one gets used to them real fast. Visibility is excellent as is handling.
I paid $399 - dealer conveyance fee over the MSRP. If I'd waited, or shopped around a bit I might have saved part of that - but I wanted the car sight unseen.
No misgivings so far (touch wood!)
flobert wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

I'm sure glad I'm not stupid enough to do that.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Spaz wrote:

^^^^^^ I think "Impatient" would be more fitting.
Add pictures here
βœ–