Can a ABS pump be fixed or is a replacement the only option?

Well, last week the ABS light on my dash went on and it seems the ABS pump needs replacement.
Can this be fixed or is a replacement the only option?
I'm asking coz replacing it with a new ABS pump is very expensive (they say $1200-1300) and mechanics rather replace then repair coz it's faster/easier work....
Daizie
"Daisy K." wrote:

===================== You've told us nothing. How can we guess?
Who said so, what vehicle, what year, when did it act up (skidding?), where, what makes you think it's only the pump? mileage? What codes are on your work order?
'Curly'