? Can Honda ZAP ECU VIN #s ?

I recently replaced a non-working ECU in my son's 98 Civic. Now the VIN in the ECU no longer matches the car's VIN. I have saved the original ECU and the receipt for the replacement ECU (bought from a junk yard), so I am not worried about NYS giving us problems. However, it would be nice to have the ECU officially changed so that all the numbers once again match. A friend said he thought Honda could do this. Has anyone had experience with getting this done? Thanks, Don

Reply to
Don B.

doubt they can change the serial for the ecu - that stuff is usually hard coded. but it's probable that the dealer can re-associate your new ecu with your vin in their system. if that matters.

Reply to
jim beam