? Can Honda ZAP ECU VIN #s ?

I recently replaced a non-working ECU in my son's 98 Civic. Now the VIN in the ECU no longer matches the car's VIN. I have saved the original ECU and the receipt for the replacement
ECU (bought from a junk yard), so I am not worried about NYS giving us problems. However, it would be nice to have the ECU officially changed so that all the numbers once again match. A friend said he thought Honda could do this. Has anyone had experience with getting this done? Thanks, Don
Don B. wrote:

doubt they can change the serial for the ecu - that stuff is usually hard coded. but it's probable that the dealer can re-associate your new ecu with your vin in their system. if that matters.