Can someone with an '06 Accord NAV help me?

Would you look and see if the Radio Code and the NAV Code are the same?
My battery died, and the radio code and nave code are the same number on my
card, but only the radio code works. It will not accept the NAV code. I'm locked out of the system.
G-Man

What does your owner's manual say?
You DO have your owner's manual, right? Although I'm positive you've never read it.
Go screw yourself skippy.
I asked a simple question. Are the radio and NAV codes the same. Yes I have the manual, and I even have the full service manual set.
It won't take the code on my card. Dealer is closed.
Now go kick your dog.
G-Man

Screw yourself. WHAT DO THE MANUALS SAY?
You come here and ask to be spoon fed?

Are you following the instrucions in the owner's manual for (a) finding the number, and (b) using it?
I'd say the chances are slim to none, and slim has left the building.
Duh, yes! Jesus, I've had 14 Hondas. The code does not work! I believe the codes for Radio and NAV should be different, but my Honda card has the same number for both.
Simple question for current owners...are the numbers the same?
I have the manual in front of me. You tell me where this is address.
BTW, if you don't have a 2006 NAV, no need to reply.
G-Man

Okay, here is the outcome.
The numbers should be different. The dealer said the card is wrong and they need the NAV SN. They will have to pull the unit. I knew I saw the SN somewhere in the programming screen. I asked can they get it another way? No. I went to the car, pressed the three button sequence to get into the programming of the NAV. I pulled the SN, they generated me the code. All is well.
So, keep in mind that none of what I was asking is in the owners manual.
G-Man
G-Man wrote:

Isn't it scary when you know more about the operation of your vehicle than the dealer people do?
Unfortunately it's usually the norm.
G-Man

John Horner wrote:

You're too kind. Are you sure that he knows more than they do? Perhaps they were merely looking at it as a profit center. Can't make any money just being helpful to the customer and clarifying something they should have given him in the first place. Much better to TELL him they have to pull the unit, hit him with a good bill and then let him marvel at what a wonderful job they did pulling the unit and reinstalling it without so much as a scratch to the dashboard trim<g>
Since it was under warranty, they would have only wasted their time, unless they could bill it back to Honda.
G-Man

On my Acura, the two codes definitely were not the same. Look through your stuff again & I'll bet you find another code somewhere in the pile.
On 3/12/07 6:34 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com, "G-Man"

The card has a place for the Radio code and the NAV code. They put the same stickers on each location. Me thinks it was a dealer screw up. The probably have a card with two NAV codes somewhere.
Anyway, done deal, and no Elmo, the answer was not in the manual :-)
G-Man

G-Man wrote:

Two different codes

After reading all of this, I have to wonder if it is a better idea simply to buy a portable GPS like a Garmin 330.
Good point. I also now have a Garmin 360 Nuvi. I find it more useful and more accurate than the one in the Accord. But I do like the techno gadgetry of the LCD panel (when it works). I doubt I will by a Gps in my next Honda, the portable is more practical.
G-Man

The number is different. I have firt row 4 digits, 2nd row has 11 characters started with three letters, the rest are numbers. I am not sure which one is for radio or Navi. Hope this helps.