can't decide: 2006 Civic SI or '06 Accord Coupe V6 6M

hi,

I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but for some reason I'm totally torn between which car to buy: the '06 Civic SI, or the '06 Accord Coupe V6 w/ 6 speed MT.

I've had the Accord coupe before - a 2002 V6 model (but with AT - it had 200 hp). And I really like the '06 MT version of the V6, with its 244 hp and

200+ lb. ft of torque. AND I like the fact that it has a better sound system than the Coupe V6 auto.

On the other hand, I'm really attracted to the Civic SI - the new '06 body, the 350 watt sound system w/ subwoofer (it looks like it's going to be nigh on impossible to add a subwoofer to the Accord Coupe). It's got a decent 197 hp, a 6 speed MT, and yet .....

The Civic SI has 50 less hp, only has 138 ft lb or torque or so, and it weighs only 500 lbs less than the Accord Coupe! Plus leather isn't even an option.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts on the way you'd go. Thanks in advance.

p.s. - I have already ruled out other makes - I've narrowed it down to the two Hondas).

Reply to
Desert Trek

Personnaly, I would go with the accord. It is larger, more luxurious, and less of a "rice" look to it, if you are not in this age group where you need to show your virility via your cars (if so, get a minivan.. ha-ha!).

I also suspect it handle / ride better than the SI on the highway, and in general, and the insurance is less.

Also, it just looks sooo much nicer than the SI. And leather is very very nice.

My 2 cents

Reply to
Frank

I'm glad you chose a very good make to purchase your next vehicle. Well, lets begin a breakdown of decision making shall we?

-Both vehicles weigh differently, the Accord w/ more HP/TQ probably weighs more than the Civic but are their Power-to-Weight ratios the same?

-The Accord also has a V6 compared to an inline 4 of the Civic, which affects gas mileage (although Hondas have had a hot streak of producing big HP cars with great mileage).

-Both vehicles have a 6 speed gearbox so there wouldn't be a difference other than gear ratios and other racing associated properties.

-They both have decent sound systems from the factory... although given some time... someone will figure out how to put an aftermarket system in the Accord.

-Sure, the Civic doesn't have leather for an option, but leather seats are usually heavier than cloth equivalents in the same vehicle.

It really boils down to tastes. I have not had the pleasure of driv>hi,

Reply to
Spoonless Shell

If you want my two cents, my advice would to also go with what Frank said. Buy a Honda Accord, and make sure its a 4.2 cyl. I own a 2003 Accord Ex Coupe with the 2.4 DOHC i-vtec and this baby is very, very powerful and it gets wonderful gas mileage.

The V6 sucks a lot more gas, and franky the way its designed with the 4 cyl it out performs all the american cars I have seen. Honda is the best!

Plus the Accord looks better than the SI. :O)

Reply to
mopa

here is a picture of the i-vtec!

mopa

opps, forgot the V6

The 2.4 is much more sexier, and lighter too. :)

Reply to
mopa

thanks for all the thoughts - I'm going with the Accord Coupe. I'm psyched - I pick it up Saturday....

Reply to
Desert Trek

Actually at the dealer (at least in over the Houston) you can ask for leather in the accessories. The Accord has got many luxuries over the Civic Si, but they're both incredible cars

Reply to
cjl724