Can't I get the Manufacture Date from the VIN?

Hello all,

Isn't the manufacture date (actual date--not just month & year) encrypted in the VIN? Please help me extract it.

Or is it posted on the car somewhere (I found the month & year in the door jam)?

I have a '90 Civic Hatchback, if that helps.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Reply to
Conan Kelly

Only the model year is buried in the VIN. Of course every VIN is unique, so the manufacturer will 'know' the date of production. Why do you want the precise date?

Reply to
Bozo

This seems to be about right if you want to understand the structure of a VIN -

Bozo