Cannot program a second ignition key

Our second hand Honda Accord came with only one key. Our local Honda dealer has tried to program a second key for us but they've not been successful.
They have obtained two new "blanks" from Honda UK, and also tried a new ECM as recommended by Honda UK. They have now said there is little else they can do. We've now obtained the second original key and keyless entry fob from the previous owner but this key also refuses to work..... I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks, Wayne.
Wayne Atkinson wrote:

Did you read through ALL the TSB's about Honda immobilizer systems at http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/index.html#accord INCLUDING the ones for Civic and others? Look at the 'general' ones about 'cutting Honda keys' They mention a bit about the UK ones. http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/other/index.html http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/misc/index.html
Your PDI sheets have some info too. Same source.
'Curly'
If you really expect some helpful information from this group you should supply all information car line, year, etc. Honda made a lot of different cars and the ignition system is deferent in many of them.....

Yes, sorry, I shouldn't have rushed in with both feet! Trouble is, I'm getting pretty frustrated off with the whole thing! The car is a 2001 SE Executive automatic, 2Ltr petrol, 5 door. If all else fails I intend to return to the dealer from which the car was bought but they are 100+ miles away ,from me so will have 2 wait until I've got some time off. This is my ninth Honda and this is the first time I've had any sort of problem. Sorry again for the oversight! Wayne.

I would try a different dealer. There is no reason the dealer doesn't have the instructions and can't program the system. There is an extensive procedure that has to be followed and each step is time sensitive. All keys and FOBs have to be programmed together. If nothing else see if the dealer will give you a copy of the procedure to use. The procedure is in the OEM service manual. The immobilizer system may be different than the US which I am going by but I doubt it.....

Woody, thanks. I seem to remember that the technician at the garage said he had to use an electronic meter to do the programming so it probably isn't possible to do it myself. I guess the only hope is that the original dealership can fix it. They seemed to think it won't be a problem. I'll be going to that part of the country next month. Thanks again and best wishes, Wayne.