Car stays in third gear only.

So just recently I went ahead and changed the oil in my car. Started it up, everything was running fine. Car sounded good, ran fine, and when I parked it in the driveway, it seemed perfect. Later that day I
went to start the car and it started making all of these clicking noises, one by the underside of the shifter and another on the left side of the dash. I assume these to be connected with the not being able to take your key out unless its in park. I have also been having problems with the little park light not coming on when I put the car in park. It really only does this when its cold. Any advice on what needs to be fixed?
Ajw wrote:

============================================ Best if you tell us the make, model, year and mileage of the 'car' and then we can tell you how to fix it.
If you want to look for yourself, you'll find some TSB's that apply to your mystery vehicle here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb /
You also need to clean and tighten your battery terminals, and possibly the battery ground connection.
'Curly'
I dont think this is the perfect fix but its worth a try. I have had a similar problem with ours, the buzzer was going off & the car only wanted to run in od. I disconnected the battery for a couple of hours to let the computer reset itself. I reconnected it & all was fine.
"Ajw" wrote: > So just recently I went ahead and changed the oil in my car. > Started it up, everything was running fine. Car sounded good, > ran fine, and when I parked it in the driveway, it seemed > perfect. Later that day I went to start the car and it > started making all of these clicking noises, one by the > underside of the shifter and another on the left side of the > dash. I assume these to be connected with the not being able > to take your key out unless its in park. I have also been > having problems with the little park light not coming on when > I put the car in park. > It really only does this when its cold. > Any advice on what needs to be fixed?