car stereo fix?

Hi All,
I have got a 1998 Accord EX with a stock AM FM CD player.
Most cds I try to play gets me a PED (Cannot read disc) message in the screen.
Any quick fixes or adjustments I can make without getting soaked by a dealer?
TIA for any informed suggestions.
Les

Are these self-burned blue CDs?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
It does this with self-burned and official releases.
Les
lesdhutch wrote:

Here are some things you might want to consider trying...
1. Blow out any dust with a compressed gas duster. 2. Use one of those CD lens cleaning discs (they look like a regular CD but have a row of little bristles). 3. If that doesn't work, then you might want to consider removing the drive and lubricating the reader head's guide rails with a tiny drop of TriFlow (if it was a computer CD drive then this would probably be the first thing that I would try).
Note, if you attempt the TriFlow method, then DO NOT spray the TriFlow onto the drive. Dip a toothpick or small screw driver into some TriFlow and then dab it onto the drive's head guide rails. From my experience with computer CD drives, you really don't need that much.
Eric