Carfax, Buying Used, & Craigslist.org

You really don't know much do you?

A car with 10K on it will almost always be less fuel efficient than one with 50K or more...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

spot data is not average data. spot data is used to compile average data.

eh? you don't seem to have a very good grasp of math principles. but the education system today is not very effective so it's probably not your fault.

Reply to
jim beam

the "difference" is that you don't know what you're talking about.

yes i do - at 10k, the motor is still tight and thus wastes more energy on friction.

Reply to
jim beam

You should use data of the same kind when compiling average. If you mix city mileage and highway mileage you will not get either calculation improved by using average. You will get pretty useless mixture/average of mileage changing in time with no chanse of spoting the cause for increase/decrease.

Are you trying to compensate some of your own education problems with childish coments like this one?

Reply to
Pszemol

Can you point me to some source information on this subject?

Reply to
Pszemol

Another with childish coments?

50K or more...

Really? So the best days for a car start when the warranty ends :-)) Show me the source of your information about 50k, Master!

Reply to
Pszemol

50K or more...

Only if you drive a yugo. Most cars come a warranty that is a bit longer than 10K miles.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

that's spot data!!! it's spot data that comprises an average. [and there's two t's in "spotting", two c's in "chance".]

spot data is is essential to acquire, but seems you don't understand the concept of interpretation.

education problems? [two m's in "comments", and your computer has a spell checker.] no, i don't think i have education problems. i have a problem with idiots that can't do math [or spell] though.

Reply to
jim beam

absolutely.

hth.

Reply to
jim beam

You expect somebody who was incapable of operating a web browser and visiting google in the first place to be able to use it now? You need to give him a search string. Obviously, he can't do it by himself.

Pez: try "engine break-in fuel economy"

Reply to
AZ Nomad

obviously. but all i'll help him with is kicking the chair out of the way after he's put the noose around his own idiot neck.

Reply to
jim beam

50K or more...

I am not sure if you noticed 50k there... Usual warranty period is 36, sometimes 40 - very rarelly any longer.

Reply to
Pszemol

trying very hard to be funny? Show me a document proving what you said about the car engine @ 10k being tight and wasting more energy on frictionthan @ 50k.

Reply to
Pszemol

I can see you have joined the elite club...

Break-in?? You must be kidding me... We were talking about 10k and 50k comparison, not the first thousand miles break-in. Sorry, but I was still unable to find a document comparing mpg of 10k and 50k cars. Can you be so kind (and wise) and give me the link you've refered to? I am not as good with google as you, and I was only able to find this page:

quote: "New Engines: New vehicles have not yet had an opportunity for the engine to break in (rings to seat, etc.). A typical engine will take three to five thousand miles to break in, and during this time period a gradual increase in fuel economy can be expected." I cannot see there anything about 50k miles car being better on mileage than a 10k car... Same here:
"Engine Break-in New vehicles will not obtain their optimal fuel economy until the engine has broken in. This may take 3-5 thousand miles."

Nothing anywhere about the effects of engine break-in after the first 10k miles and between 10k-50k period.

Show me how you, my Master, use the google, please!

Reply to
Pszemol

with 50K or more...

Yeah right. Pretty rare. The following makers all have basic warranties greater than 40K miles: Acura 4/50,000 Audi 4/50,000 BMW 4/50,000 Buick 4/50,000 Cadillac 4/50,000 HUMMER 4/50,000 Hyundai 5/60,000 Infiniti 4/60,000 Isuzu 3/50,000 Jaguar 4/50,000 Kia 5/60,000 Land Rover 4/50,000 Lexus 4/50,000 Lincoln 4/50,000 Mercedes-Benz 4/50,000 MINI 4/50,000 Mitsubishi 5/60,000 Porsche 4/50,000 Saab 4/50,000 Volkswagen 4/50,000 Volvo 4/50,000

Reply to
AZ Nomad

but lets say gas is $ 9.00 per gal in say 2 years . then what ? it could well be.

Reply to
Dave Dave

I can see you have a lot of time on your hand, please add to the list the BIGGEST car manufacturers like toyota, gm, ford honda and not only with their luxury items.

What is the warranty on honda, discussed here?

Reply to
Pszemol

I can see now more clearly what sort of people you are.

Reply to
Pszemol

"Joe" wrote

Hyundai at 10 years/100k miles on the powertrain. The first "long warranty" company.

I was wondering where Hyundai was until you went to the heart of the matter.

Reply to
Elle

no, i'm dead serious.

easy. click on that link and do some homework. or you can go to school and study things like engineering for a few years.

Reply to
jim beam