Carpet Installation For 2001 Honda Odyssey

Does anyone know of a resource for instructions on how to install the complete carpet in a 2001 Odyssey? We had a bleach spill in the car and need both a new set of carpets in at least the front and second row. There are plenty of sources for the molded carpet but I can't find any instruction on how to install it... would rather read up on it before attempting it to avoid any unpleasant surprises. Thank you!

Reply to
Christopher Muto

"Christopher Muto" wrote in news:4litg.6813$wZ.3913@trndny01:

Don't even try it! You have to strip practically the ENTIRE INTERIOR!

An auto detailing shop should be able to re-dye the existing carpet for you. Phone around.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

---------------------------------------

It's a terribly involved job (as Tegger said). Look on the bright side . . You will NEVER get mildew. :-)

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

ouch. can you give me and idea if the '04 model is the same? maybe I need to have the wife be more careful.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

--------------------------------------

Whatever you end up doing, we found that keeping the last seat UP, and putting groceries in the HOLE (on a cargo mat or inside a Rubbermaid tote) keeps everything from flying around, even in a panic stop. Don't you just hate it when the green peppers go under the brake pedal . . . .

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

WAY back when, I had a bleach bottle tip over on the back seat foot well of a Rambler Ambassador mom owned. The bottle was there for some time. When we found it days later, the carpet under it was GONE! I just removed and dried the carpet fro my wife's mazda Protege 5 because the pad got wet in a poorly drained parking lot. Was two hours of work to get it out, and the next day was sunny enough to dry it completely. Seats, console, seat belts, and other stuff just took time. I have pictures if you are interested. I agree that a trim shop or body shop might be able to fix the existing carpet for you. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

"Scott Van Nest" wrote in news:H8wtg.66451$9c6.23947@dukeread11:

All cars with one or two-piece molded carpets are the same.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanks for the reply. It is hard to believe that it would be so difficult to install. Perhaps annoying and more involved that I think, but if an auto shop can do it I why can't I? I would really appreciate the specifics so I can judge the dificuly of whatever the obstacles are. When you say practically everything in the interior has to be removed what more that the seats and the door thresholds is there? This model dose not have power front seats and the center seats snap to make room for cargo. So all I see are trim pieces for around the rear seat tracks and removal of the front seats. What am I missing?? If I can install convertible tops its seems that a carpet should be easy. Many thanks.

Reply to
Christopher Muto