CD Player code

1997 Accord , First time ever today I get this code CDE1. I disconected power from battery waited over 60 seconds reconected power, put in security code for radio to unlock. Raido works fine but I still get error code for the cd player. (NEED HELP!)
Reply to
notw

Hi, Tried CD player claning disc?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Not sure about E1, but in my experience once the factory CD players reach a certain age and start throwing error codes, it's probably time to start looking for a new one.

This company repairs Honda CD players:

Never used them before, so I can't vouch for their work. I've read mixed reviews on players that have been repaired; some people claim they were as good as new, while others have said they just prolonged the inevitable a little longer. When my 99 Accord's single-disc player threw a PEO code, it was replaced with a new unit under my Hondacare extended warranty. If I'd had to pay for a new one, it would've been about $800 at the dealer.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Garrett