CD Player code

1997 Accord , First time ever today I get this code CDE1. I disconected power from battery waited over 60 seconds reconected power, put in security code for radio to unlock.
Raido works fine but I still get error code for the cd player. (NEED HELP!)
notw wrote:

Hi, Tried CD player claning disc?

Not sure about E1, but in my experience once the factory CD players reach a certain age and start throwing error codes, it's probably time to start looking for a new one.
This company repairs Honda CD players:
http://www.willmanselectronics.com/accord.htm
Never used them before, so I can't vouch for their work. I've read mixed reviews on players that have been repaired; some people claim they were as good as new, while others have said they just prolonged the inevitable a little longer. When my 99 Accord's single-disc player threw a PEO code, it was replaced with a new unit under my Hondacare extended warranty. If I'd had to pay for a new one, it would've been about $800 at the dealer.
Dave