Changing the air filter on a 2005 Civic Si

I'm not much of a car mechanic but changing air filters was never that hard in other cars I've owned. Looking at my 2005 Civic Si it seems to be slightly complicated.
Has anyone replaced one of these filters or have any tips on how to do it?
Thanks.
John Smith wrote:

Yes, I just recently changed this air filter. It is seriously a pain in the butt! I don't have any tips other than to remain calm and just try to be careful. I pulled the rubber air hose, that feeds the throttle body, off of the filter box. That helped, but getting it back on was not easy. The spring needs to be rolled over to the next groove and not diassambled (the spring wraps around and joins itself). This is very difficult if you use a screwdriver like me - the screwdriver will poke a hole in the airhose or your hand. Not sure which is worse...
The top of the airbox is scratched really good now upon re-assembly. :-(
I thought it might be a pain. Thanks for the input !!

John Smith wrote:

The diagrams at www.slhondaparts.com might help a bit.
'Curly'

I change them on a 7th gen Si all the time. It's plainly in the manual. There's a couple of screws to undo so refer to the manual. Once you free the screws you kinda of flop the top of the air cover assembly over to the right. You might have to loosen/disconnect a hose plugged into the assembly but there was nothing too complicated. Sure my previous civic had just the snap clamps but this is still a 10 minnute job.