changing the oil rules!!

hi I drive Honda civic 2001. it has 63557 km. last time I changed the oil was last Dec 2004 and the dealer put a sticker suggestion I change the only
sometime in March 05 or when I hit 64,??? km. I drive daily about 15k. Today I changed the oil, the dealer put sticker saying I should change the oil on Oct 5, 05 and without mentioned how many KM they just indicate what is my mileage now which is 63557km!!! how they determine that?? in general after how many km I should change the oil. Thanks

Personally, I have always changed my vehicle's oil and filtre every five thousand kilometres and rotate the tires at the same time. Where you don't put that many kilometres on your car, I would suggest (that if it were my vehicle) to change the oil and filtre every three or four months.
Brian

Every 5,000km or three months. Give or take. The more the better.
In your case, mileage is less important than time. The problem is that you don't drive enough to burn off the water, fuel and acid in your oil, so your oil will contaminate *very* quickly in terms of mileage.
Leave it too long and you'll sludge up, which will cause you no end of problems. Oil changes are cheaper than sludge removal.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ