Check Engine Light- 2000 Odyssey

I had to replace the battery on my 2000 Odyssey and then the check engine light came on after a couple of starts. Will the light go out after more
starts like when the gas cap is left loose? Can I just disconmnect the battery again to clear the code and see if the light comes on again? If anyone has had experience with this type of occurence I would appreciate their help.
www.odyclub.com
If there is no solid failure the light should go out after several run cycles. You can get the code read at most AutoZones for free. This will tell you what it thinks is wrong....