Check Fuel Cap

My "Check Fuel Cap" keeps blinking. I checked the cap and have filled the tank twice sense. Still comes on. Has any one hade this problem. I like to
know the problem before calling the dealer so I don't get the runaround.
Thanks
TC wrote:

If it is out of warranty (you have failed to mention the year/make/model of your vehicle), replace the fuel cap. They do go bad...
Sorry 07 Honda Fit; It's still under warranty I hope!

TC wrote:

Then take it right to the dealer. So long as you are fully tightening it, and not topping off the fuel when you fill it, it is nothing you did. Warranty has got you covered...

Has the gas cap ever been dropped?
The internal vent goes bad and will not hold pressure. Common problem, especially if the cap falls on the ground.
If your car is under warranty, the cap will be replaced for free.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
The cap has a tether on it so no dropping has accord.
Thanks

I am not familiar with the Fit, but do they actually have a Check fuel Cap light? I would think that it would be tied into the OBD2 Evaporative Emissions codes...learn something new everyday!>

It is tied into the OBDII codes but the last couple years if the code is generated Honda's turn the check fuel cap message on the dash. Saves on some service calls.
After two weeks and two tank of gas I started driving to the dealer this morning and guess what It no longer was flashing "Check gas cap" So home I went with my tale bent and a cup coffee.
Thanks for your help...

The Owner's Manual for my 07 Accord says it can take several weeks of driving after the problem has been fixed until an idiot light notification goes off ...

Many of these errors clear themselves after the problem is resolved and a few miles, or start/stop engines are performed.

Don't you mean 'Check Engine" light, which MAY come on due to a loose fuel cap ? I've never heard of a 'check fuel cap'..certainly not on my 2001 Civic nor my 92 Accord.