Civic 1.7 CTDI UK Service costs

I have just been quoted £250.00 fo7 27000 3rd year service and 1st MOT although the mot's are supposed to free for as long as i own the car sounds a bit expensive to me has anyone else had their civic diesel 27000 service

2004 plate.
Reply to
Ady

Sounds as if you are quoting 'Dealer' prices. Honda dealers, in my experience, are a complete rip-off. I take my Civic (not a diesel) to a local independant and pay half the price.

WRT MOT, generally if you take the car to the place you purchased it, the MOT is free. At my local service station (independant) the MOT is half price with a service.

From the recent Which Magazine survey of servicing in the UK, the main dealers were no better, and often worse, than independants.

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

Many dealers are like that, regardless of manufacturer.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Overhead and expected gross margins push up labor rates (LOH). The consumer pays for it.

Reply to
L Alpert