Civic 2001 shut down engien

Hi All, I got serious issue that I bought second hand Civic EX 2001 - running 150K KM. the car was fine and few days back started shaking. I changed sparks and after that for many days it went fine and again I
got the car shutting down itself without any warning. Even if Im on highway or down town. it doesn't matter and whenever it shuts down, I have to wait it for 30-60 sec to get starting again and depends on luck as I cannot assume next shut down ( when or where). I changed the fuel filter yesterday, after that car worked fine but again in next day it started acting crazy shutting down without any warning. If someone can show me what to do,,, I will appreciate it allot.
Ayman
On 03/01/2010 03:17 AM, Nubian wrote:

sounds like ignition switch. you'll need to replace.
for the future, take all the heavy stuff off your key ring and make sure that after you start and release, that the key returns fully to the "run" position.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Next time the engine dies, right away look at the dashboard. Are any of the red lights on?
If NO: Ignition switch is bad. If YES: Igniter is bad.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ