Civic dash rattle + mystery bolt

A couple months ago, a bolt suddenly appeared on the passenger side carpet of my 97 Civic HB, under the dash. Now I have developed a noticeable rattle somewhere around the glove box when I go over
a big bump. Even when I empty the junk out of it! :-)
The bolt is black, hex headed, about an inch long, and has a lock washer and a flat washer on it. Before I try and squeeze myself under the dash to take a look, has anyone else had this happen? Any hints on where to check first? Thanks.
-P
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

========================================= www.slhondaparts has your exploded view diagrams, might help to save you ripping stuff apart.
'Curly'
Excellent! Thanks. Now I just need to ID the bolt size to narrow the suspect list down. Good web site.
-P
motsco_ wrote:

Joy, I got a positive ID on the bold as a 6x20. Alas there IS no bolt of that size in the dash or dash garnish of a 97 civiv 3dr DX. There is, howvever, a 6x16 listed right about where the rattle is and above where the bolt appeared on the floor mat.
My bet is that Honda subbed a slightly larger t for the right one and that kept the lock washer from working and then it fell out. I'll let you know after I get around to crawling under the dash. I wonder if I could get a the right bolt at a honda dealer?