Civic Hybrid Mileage

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:00:38 GMT, Gordon McGrew wrote:

I love mine, and can see what you're saying, but the launch of the Si is pretty snappy to begin with. 0-60 in 6.7 and a hard time keeping the tires from chirping when entering first and second.
I have been playing with more efficient driving. Shifting at 3000-3500 for most conditions, and I am still finding myself outpacing the cars in front of me, and having to slow down a little... ;-)
It is a great car, IMO. And it gets a lot of looks and comments, too. Had a WWII vet walk up to the car the other day and ask me about the car. Said that it was the first Japanese car he'd ever seen that would make him consider buying it. That's a haughty compliment, coming from a vet of the Japanese theater, and a pretty old guy to boot... ;-)
But I do agree that a high performance hybrid would be nice to see. If I could save fuel AND have the performance, it would be a definite plus.
--
Joseph M. LaVigne
snipped-for-privacy@hits-buffalo.com

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

...and you can add the "American way" to plunge into debt to but the latest econobox for "inflated" mileage figures and high payments.
<g>
JT
(No payments, no big worries, and a minimum of dumbed down gadgets..)

46-48 mpg overall in a mixed small-town/rural/interstate highway setting. No complaints with that from me.
Richard
test
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 01:15:51 GMT, Richard Edwards

I drive 40 miles to work from Germantown, MD to Herndon, VA, using MD-27, I-270, I-495, Dulles Toll Road, and about 3 miles of surface streets. I have a Honda 2005 Civic Hybrid Standard Shift.
As computer by the odometer MPG guage, I have gotten just over 50mph each way. However, to do that I have to
[1] let cruise control do most of the driving [2] set speed to the lower 60s [3] not use A/C.
My long term average when I drive myself and cuise near 80 as well as drive in the suburbs is 45mph overall.
JIM
Russell Lombardo wrote:

Qazy Guy wrote:

EPA Mileage is calculated on computer results simulating driving conditions. No A/C, no fast stops or starts, and average speed of 40 mph. caveat emptor
My 2003 Civic Automatic Hybrid was similar with the expected 15% less MPG for the Auto. Wife could not abide the slipping clutch feel of the CVT, lack of accelleration, and small car feel on the highway. The 2006 upsizing would have solved some of that., but... last year -
I went to a 2005 Accord automatic Hybrid w/Navigator and am in love with it. Performance using a 5 speed automatic and overall 31 mpg with 29-30 town and 37 (65 mph) 34 (85 mph) highway. I let the cruise do most of the driving, but always have the A/C on.
But at today's cost penalty it is realistically all for "status". I work with military hybrids and just decided I wanted to drive one. CC..

Don't confuse the 06 Civic hybrid with the earlier model. The 06 is much improved though the Prius still does better.