Civic hybrid question

Is it normal for a hybrid to roll backwards when on a hill and the brake is released?

Are clicking sounds normal when starting off?

Reply to
Mcgiiver

The hybrid civic has a a different type of automatic transmission than the usual. I't been my experience with our 06 Civic Hybrid Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) that you have to be fairly quick going from the brake to the gas, say when stopped on a hill: there's not the usual torque converter buffer per a conventional automatic. At least there's no clutch involved ;D

Don't know about clicking sounds when starting off. Just a really wild guess, do you have the doorlocks set to lock automatically? This happens as you pass 15 km/hr.

Reply to
Mendel Leisk

It's normal for ANY Honda automatic (including the CVT) to allow more roll-back than 'domestic' transmissions. It's mentioned in the owner's manual of every Honda I've ever owned.

There are free online Owner's Manuals available if you search. Try

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_