civic shakes

hi there am new here! i ve just recently bought a 99 civic vti 5 door hatch. my problem has just started recently, i noticed it when i was drivig about
130 mph, when braking the rear of the car shakes like an eathquake, continues to do so until i get to about 70 mph, i was approaching a bend when i braked. i have been told that it maybe my wheel bearings or discs might have warped. how can you tell which one it is? also when driving about 5mph the rear brakes have a squeak on them, which is really annoying at times, but you cant hear it as soon as i spped up. could you guys tell me what my probs could be from experience and could the both problems be linked. open to all suggestions!! thanks!
It sounds more like bushings to me. At high speeds even a little play can produce oscillations. A close visual inspection of all the bushings, front and rear is in order. After all, you don't want to chase this forever.
But really, why the extreme speeds? It seems like a losing idea.
Mike

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

You're driving 130 Miles per hour (209 Km/Hr) in a car you just recently purchased and _suddenly_ as you approach a BEND, you decide you should try the brakes?
No helpful comment put forth. Maybe a police office could give you some help because they're the only ones that are supposed to be going that fast, at least in most countries I can think of.
'Curly'

I almost forgot - it could also be a tire separating. But if it is I reckon we won't be hearing from you again.
Mike
If you feel any pulse on brake pedal (I am not sure about shaking like earthquake) when you press on it at this speed, my little experience suggests that its a warped rear drum. My rear wheel also create squeak at slow speed but as I speed up it disappears (perhaps I can't hear it because of other noise). Also when you brake lightly you should hear the squeak if its a warped drum.
By the way, I enjoyed 'Curly's comment. Simply hilarious.
On Nov 12, 1:26 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Get your brakes serviced.
Oh by the way, you'll warp the standard honda rotors and drums in one application if you slam on the brakes at that speed i.e. 209Km/h to almost a dead stop in few seconds.
ExtremeValue wrote:

highkm wrote:

bullshit. in my neck of the woods, the locals race stock honda disks on the track. ok, they may upgrade to 10.25" from 9.5", but still stock disks. if you're having problems with warped disks, it's not speed or heat. trust me on that. ever seen disks glow orange?

Can you explain a bit more on that? If its not the heat what might cause the "warp"? Thanks.

ExtremeValue wrote:

it's all about having the disk seated squarely on the hub. read my other post dated 11/13.