Civic shift cable location

1996 Civic, 216K km Automatic transmission.
My transmission shift lever is tough to move in the morning from Parking to Rear and sometime from Rear to Drive. My mechanic says its a
10 year old car and so the problem is with the shift cable. When the mechanic lubes that It got smooth all-ways.
I was wondering where is the shift cable located and whether I can do the lube myself if needed without lifting the car.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Add pictures here
âś–

You need to lube from underneath, sorry. The pivot points get rusty.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
ExtremeValue wrote:

Diagrams are at www.slhondaparts.com You can do it yourself, but ramps / jack stands would make it easier. Use something synthetic, or even ATF to loosen the linkages up. There are some helpful adjustment instructions in the CIVIC TSB's at http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb /
After you get it freed up, you may want to check the adjustment of the overall length of the cable.
'Curly'
Add pictures here
âś–